Although the effects & experiences vary and although every session can evolve into something new, there is a Mindful Movement formula. So just to give you an idea of what happens, here is an example of a Mindful Movement session.
You are invited to focus on yourself during the whole session. This is a solo experience in a safe group setting. The light is dim. Incense burns. And then:
- First we take some time to arrive. In the moment and in the studio. We stand still, we move slow, we breathe deeply. The rushed mind can calm down and follow the body into the here and now.
- Then we enter the space and try to move around while staying present in the body. Everyone follows their own feet! Nothing can go wrong, we explore our moves.
- You are invited to put more energy in your moves, to follow the flow of your body, to sweat, to let go of control.
- After letting our body play we take some time to stretch. Where does your body need some extra care? Where is the tension in your body? Give yourself what you need.
- To give your whole body a sweet massage we shake for a while. Your mind will tell you its silly but your body will tell you its awesome.
- We start to prepare the sitting meditation, possibly with different hand positions (reiki) / a self-massage.
- Meditation in silence, at the end deep relaxation with beautiful dreamy music.
- Tea in silence to slowly come back.
During a class we often stand still to feel. What is going on? What does the movement do? You are always invited to join in an exercise, never forced. The most important thing is that whatever you do, feels good to you.
You are most welcome to try!